RockRidge Canyon A Young Life of Canada property
Princeton, British Columbia, Canada
Job Title: Dishwasher
Reports to: Food Services Manager
Department: Food Services, RockRidge Canyon
Term: Seasonal, On-Call
Work Location: Princeton, BC
To apply, complete this short form and upload your cover letter and current resume.
Got questions regarding this position? Contact our office.
Our selection process will begin immediately, however, we will continue to accept applications until the position is filled. Thank you for your interest in working with Young Life and RockRidge Canyon.
RockRidge Canyon is a Christian Conference and Retreat Centre located in Princeton, British Columbia, owned and operated by Young Life of Canada for the purpose of reaching teenagers with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
A Dishwasher ensures the safe, effective and efficient operation of our two dishwashing machines when groups are in. The dishwasher will work to ensure dishes are cleaned in an efficient manner, following all food safe protocols.
The dishwasher will work with kitchen staff to help with minor prep work and additional kitchen cleaning duties in times when the volume of dishes to clean is low.
Young Life is a relational ministry. Workers must be able to convey a sense of Christ-like hospitality and concern for guests and staff. Ensuring the kitchen, dishwashing area and dishes are clean is of utmost importance. All staff members are expected to represent Young Life positively and professionally within the community.
This is a seasonal on-call position with work hours during the weeks of our peak seasons (May– June and September–October).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure quality standards are maintained regarding cleanliness and overall appearance of the dishwashing area, dishwashing machines and all tableware and kitchen tools .
- Must be a team player and possess a teachable attitude and have the ability to follow direction and to give direction to volunteer dishwashers .
- Must be able to work well with teenagers and young adults .
- Committed to upholding Young Life Food Service Standards .
- Maintain health and sanitation standards for Young Life Food Service that meet or exceed provincial government health codes .
- Maintain standardized start up and shut down procedures for the dishwashing machines .
- Restocks paper products, soap and cleaning supplies as needed .
- Follows and enforces all safety protocols and procedures (FOODSAFE, WHMIS, MSDS) .
- Arrive at work on time, properly attired and prepared to work .
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in dishwashing area .
- Maintain a positive attitude .
- Will at times be required to help with minor food preparation and deep cleaning projects .
- Flexibility in scheduling required to coincide with camps .
- In order to maintain standards of the BC Health Authority and WorkSafe protocols, dishwashers must wear closed toed shoes, shirts with sleeves (no tank tops) and pants.
- Hair must be pulled back, minimal jewelry, clean hands, no nail polish.
- Arrive at work on time, properly attired, rested and prepared to work.
- All Food Services employees must dress professionally and comply with standards set by the Manager. Aprons will be provided. Ear buds and/or ear phones may not be worn at work.
- In the event of an emergency, established policies and procedures will be followed. All staff are expected to work together to ensure a coordinated response under the leadership of the Property Manager
- Lead by example in cooperating with all other departments on the property to operate as a team and produce a well functioning body.
- Relate to the local community in a manner best suited to carry out the public relations policy of Young Life, as presented by the Property Manager.
- Treat all interpersonal relationships on the property with staff and guests with equal importance to the task at hand.
Skills and Abilities
- A team player committed to helping others succeed.
- Flexibility to work in different areas both inter and intra-departmentally.
- Demonstrate some creativity and passion for good food and Christ centered customer service.
- Demonstrated initiative. Focused and organized.
- Good oral communication skills. Able to receive, understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Must provide a current clean Criminal Record Check upon appointment and every five years afterward as a condition of employment.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Work is performed in a rural camp setting.
- Work is performed in a commercial kitchen and bakery environment.
- Each day, the worker will experience high and low temperatures from dishwashers, ovens, cooktops, fridges, and freezers.
- Work is not sedentary and requires the employee to walk or stand for up to 95% of the time. Worker is required to look at a computer screen and use a keyboard for up to 20% of the time.
- The employee is required to see, talk and hear.
- Work is deadline driven.
- Work is seasonal and at times there will be large volumes of work to undertake.
Hours of Work
- Seasonal On-call position.
- Work hours vary during peak seasons.
- Worker will be required to work with hot liquids and cleaning surfaces.
- Worker is required to use commercial cleaning equipment such as dishwasher, floor mops and polisher.
- Hazards are considered controllable.
Note: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements. Other duties may be assigned.